Guest Program: OLLI Tour
July 5-13, 2016
Led by Bruce Eisen, instructor of music appreciation classes at the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) and opera aficionado extraordinaire.
Soak up the magical atmosphere of the Amalfi Coast...
at the Amalfi Coast Music & Arts Festival!
Join a congenial group of OLLI music lovers for an idyllic stay in southern Italy together with young opera singers, artists, and scholars of music and art to partake of the rich offerings of an international music & arts festival in the incomparable setting of Italy's Amalfi Coast.
While you're here:
• Observe an opera workshop in progress and experience close-up the dynamics of how an opera production comes together: Mozart's The Marriage of Figaro.
• Enjoy festival concerts and "young artist" recitals each evening in historic cathedrals and cloisters.
• Take advantage of special "back-stage" experiences: Sit in on rehearsals and witness young singers develop their talent...then join the "rising stars" at dinner!
• Attend lively pre-concert presentations and slide-lectures on the area's artistic traditions given by renowned musicologist Grayson Wagstaff and our conductor.
• Stay in the charming coastal town of Maiori, overlooking the Gulf of Salerno, with a waterside promenade featuring a colorful array of cafes and shops.
• Visit the area's legendary sites, such as the excavations of Pompeii, the enchanting isle of Capri, the breath-taking gardens and vistas of Ravello, and the Greek temples of Paestum.
• Savor delicious Italian cuisine at every meal - and learn to recreate the menus yourself.
Your stay includes:
• Superior rooms at gracious hotel with private beach.
• Breakfast buffet and a sumptuous Italian dinner with the artists.
• Daily festival performances in landmark venues .
• Excursions to Pompeii, Capri, Amalfi, Ravello and more.
• Options to sign-up for lessons in Italian, Mediterranean cooking classes.
• Airport transportation and all ground transportation.
• Bilingual tour escort and "on-site" staff available at all times
You are invited to daily performances and are welcome to stop in on master classes to see teachers and students at work or to observe a rehearsal session. Guests will enjoy eating and socializing with the musicians and attending pre-concert lectures and post-concert receptions…not to mention indulging in gelato or sipping limoncello with the performers on a terrace late into the night!
Registration and Payment Information
Tour Fee: $3,675 (cost does not include airfare)
Registration: Please fill out the Registration Form - Options with prices are listed on form.
To register by mail: Print and fill in the form. Please enclose a check to cover registration fee and deposit. The mailing address is found at the bottom of the form.
Online registration: If you wish to pay the fee and deposit online using ACMF's secure system or PayPal, fill in the form and click the "submit" button, following the cues to use your credit card. There is a small administrative fee associated with these services. If you have questions, please contact us.
Minimum number: Please note that the tour will not be considered confirmed until a minimum of 10 people have signed up.
Payment: Balance of payment will be due upon receipt of invoice, approximately 60 days before departure. Travelers Insurance is strongly recommended.
Click here to view our cancellation policy.