Guest Trip: "Land of the Sirens"
Insiders Tour for Art & Music Lovers
Director & Curator, American University Museum
at Katzen Art Center, Washington D.C.
Board member, James Renwick Alliance, Washington, D.C.
and studio artist, Torpedo Factory, Alexandria, VA
July 4-12, 2017
Join a congenial group of art & music lovers for an idyllic stay in southern Italy to partake of the rich offerings of an international music and arts festival
in the incomparable setting of Italy's Amalfi Coast.
While You're Here:
• Stay in the charming coastal town of Maiori, overlooking the Gulf of Salerno,
with a waterside promenade featuring a colorful array of cafes and shops.
• Attend lectures/presentations on art and culture of the area, as well as
"spotlight" talks by performers and resident artists.
• Participate in optional gourmet cooking class,"Regional Mediterranean Cuisine"
and hands-on art workshop, "Ceramics Tile Painting" in local artisans' studio.
• Experience close-up the dynamics of how an opera production comes together and attend Puccini's Suor Angelica & Gianni Schicchi.
• Enjoy festival concerts and "young artist" recitals each evening in historic
cathedrals and cloisters.
Visit Unforgettable Destinations:
• Pompeii or Herculaneum - Tour the haunting excavations at the foot of Vesuvius.
• Naples - National Archeology Museum, landmark churches and neighborhoods.
• Amalfi - Visit the world-heritage site cathedral, ancient fortress, famous piazzas.
• Ravello - Tour the magnifcent 15th century villas & gardens overlooking the sea.
• Capri - Travel by boat to the magical island of the sirens for a day of exploration.
Your Stay Includes:
• Superior rooms at the 4-star Reginna Palace Hotel with private beach and pool.
• Breakfast buffet and a sumptuous Italian dinner with the artists.
• Daily festival performances in landmark venues .
• Excursions to Pompeii/Herculaneum, Capri, Amalfi, Ravello, Naples, and more.
• Options to sign-up for lessons in Italian, Mediterranean cooking classes, and
ceramic tile painting.
• Airport transportation and all ground transportation.
• Bilingual tour escort and "on-site" staff available at all times
Registration and Payment Information
Tour Fee: $3,675 (cost does not include airfare)
Registration: Please fill out the Registration Form - Options with prices are listed on form.
To register by mail: Print and fill in the form. Please enclose a check to cover registration fee and deposit. The mailing address is found at the bottom of the form.
Online registration: If you wish to pay the fee and deposit online using ACMAF's secure system through PayPal, fill in the form and click the "submit" button, following the cues to use your credit card. You do not need to have a PayPal account to access this system. There is a small administrative fee associated with these services.
Payment: Balance of payment will be due upon receipt of invoice, approximately 60 days before departure. Travelers Insurance is strongly recommended.
Cancellation Policy - Click here to view our cancellation policy.