JRA Trip to the Amalfi Coast
Insiders Tour for James Renwick Alliance Caucus Members
led by JRA Board members
Studio artist, Blue Fire Ceramics Studio, Mt. Ranier, MD
& Rebecca Ravenal
Studio artist, Torpedo Factory Art Center, Alexandria, VA
July 7 - 14, 2018
Join fellow craft lovers for an idyllic stay in southern Italy.
You'll explore the living legacy of Italian craft throughout the region
and be dazzled by its crowning glory, maiolica ceramics.
From historic museums to contemporary studios and galleries,
you'll enjoy a unique and in-depth experience in this important center
of craft, art, and music, all in the incomparable setting of Italy's Amalfi Coast.
As a special highlight, you'll be treated to nightly concerts in breathtaking settings, organized by our trip partner, the Amalfi Coast Music & Arts Festival.
We continue to hear from more artists so our plans to visit to local studios
will expand for this exceptional trip, with many special opportunities to view
the best of traditional and contemporary Italian craft. Updates will be provided.
While You're Here:
• Stay in the charming coastal town of Maiori, overlooking the Gulf of Salerno,
with a waterside promenade featuring a colorful array of cafes and shops.
• Attend presentations on art and craft traditions of the area.
• Visit studios and workshops of local ceramicists and craft artists.
• Experience close-up the artistic dynamics of an international arts festival.
• Enjoy festival concerts each evening in historic cathedrals and cloisters.
Visit Unforgettable Destinations:
• Amalfi - A lively town with a profusion of studios and shops featuring ceramics,
leather goods, locally-made fine linen clothing and other Italian craft products.
We'll visit studios, galleries and a 15th-century mill that still produces the famous
Armatruda paper handmade from cotton with medieval methods.
history of Italian crafts that will give context to our explorations of contemporary
work. Visit a private collection of artisan coral jewelry and explore the studios of San Gregorio Armeno with Naples' finest craftsmen.
• Ravello - Visit studios and shops featuring some of the finest maiolica being
the sea, which feature fine collections of traditional craft.
• Capri - Travel by boat to the magical island of the sirens for a day of exploration.
exquisite artist shops, galleries, historic villas with breathtaking views, and more.
Your Stay Includes:
• Superior rooms at the 4-star Reginna Palace Hotel with private beach and pool.
• Breakfast buffet and a sumptuous Italian dinner.
• Excursions to Capri, Amalfi, Ravello, Naples, and more.
• Daily festival performances in landmark venues .
• Airport transportation and all ground transportation.
• Bilingual tour escort and "on-site" staff available at all times
Registration and Payment Information
Tour Fee: $3,975 - Includes $500 nonrefundable donation to JRA. (Note that tour cost does not include airfare)
Registration: Please fill out the Registration Form . Options are listed on form.
Online registration: If you register online using ACMAF's secure system through PayPal, fill in the form and click the "submit" button, following the cues to use your credit card. You do not need to have a PayPal account to access this system. There is a 3 % ($30) administrative fee to cover charges associated with these services.
To register by mail: Print and fill in the form. Please enclose a check for amount indicated. The mailing address is found at the bottom of the form.
Payment: Balance of payment will be due approximately 30 days after registering. You will receive an invoice with your balance. Travel Insurance is strongly recommended.
JRA donation: The Amalfi Festival will transfer your included $500 donation directly to the JRA. They will provide an acknowledgement.
Cancellation Policy - See details on our cancellation policy here.